WILD THYME SPIRITS
GIN LOVER'S RETREAT
On arrival at Colonsay, you’ll be ready to immerse yourself in the remoteHebridean beauty of our island; untouched beaches, stunning scenery, rare wildlife, rocky shorelines and rugged cliffs. Intimate and unspoilt – nature at its finest.
Then of course, there’s the gin. We have a collection of over 200 gins from around the world for you to choose from and, over the course of the weekend, we aim to help you try something new, revisit an old favourite or maybe even find a new one.
• Full board for 4 people from Friday to Sunday.
• Breakfast and a buffet or picnic-style lunch on Saturday & Sunday, and dinner on Friday and Saturday. An early evening supper will be served on Sunday night prior to ferry departure.
• One gin cocktail pre-dinner drink per person on Friday night
• A pre-dinner, five gin tasting per person on Saturday night
• A distillery tour on Saturday or Sunday to suit guests timing
• We are fully licensed and have a well stocked and varied bar. A corkage fee will be charged for any alcohol consumed on the premises and not purchased from the bar.
• Ferry costs not included.
We have two double rooms each with its own shower room. We are able to cater for four singles, but please contact us for details. There is a guest sitting room and dining room where there are facilities for tea and coffee, as well as music, TV, reading, jigsaws and board games.
To ensure we can offer our guests the freshest ingredients and to avoid any allergy issues, we ask them to select a set dinner menu, one for Friday and one for Saturday. We have a selection of house wine for guests to choose from.
In between sleeping, eating and gin tasting, there are a multitude of things to do, in both good weather and bad, far too many to do in one visit, so we have a suggested itinerary, but it’s very flexible, and we’ll do our best to accommodate our guests suggestions and preferences.
19:00 - Arrive, settle in, freshen up, ready for pre-dinner cocktails.
20:30 - Dinner served
22:00 - Gin collection available for selection
09:00 - Breakfast served
10:30 - Island walk taking picnic lunch
16:00 - Afternoon tea served
17:00 - Distillery tour and Gin tasting
20:00 - Dinner served
21:30 - Gin collection available for selection
10:00 - Breakfast served
11:30 - Island walk taking picnic lunch
17:00 - Early evening supper served
18:15 - Depart for ferry
19:00 - Ferry Departs